When you find that special property you want to call home, here are some of the steps to make it yours:
- Your agent will make an offer to the seller’s agent.
- The seller could then accept your offer or make a counteroffer.
- Select an experienced real estate attorney to represent you and your interests.
- Once you and the seller have agreed on the price and terms, you will sign a contract of sale, make a deposit and agree on a closing date.
- Prior to closing, you and your agent will schedule a walk-through inspection of the property.
- You and the seller will meet to sign the closing document needed to make the homes yours. Congratulations!